The employee/employer relationship is changing; employee engagement is at an all-time low, and countless research studies tell us that a significant proportion of the workforce is considering quitting their jobs. At the same time, despite the economic backdrop, many companies are struggling to get the talent they need due to significant skill shortages in some areas.
So how can employers differentiate themselves and secure and retain the talent they need? A positive work culture has never been more critical and is a strong differentiator for employers focusing on building one.
My guest this week is Lori Knowles, Chief Human Resources Officer at Memorial Hermann Health System. Memorial Hermann has had some spectacular hiring and retention outcomes in a highly challenging talent market by focusing on their culture. In our discussion, Lori talks us through the five levers they use to drive culture and the results they are getting.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The current talent challenges in the healthcare sector
• How does workforce flexibility work in healthcare
• Being strategic with just-in-time staffing
• The changing employer/employee relationship
• Employee experience and the moments that matter
• Culture, community and mission
• The five levers that drive culture
• Results and impact on hiring and retention
• The role of technology and AI
• The vision for the future.
A full transcript will appear here shortly