Hiring in Saudi Arabia & the Gulf States
Brainfood World Tour is restarting, with a visit to a region where countries are in the middle of vast transformation. We hear a great deal about Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States, but always from the Western lens. What do local recruiters and HR people say and do, on the ground? We’re going to learn from locals, ex-pats and partners alike in this week’s episode of Brainfood Live On Air.
We will discuss:
– How does hiring differ in Saudi / Gulf vs outside
– What do recruiters new to the region must know first?
– Tactical level…what recruiting techniques are most effective for entry, individual contributor, senior manager, leadership hiring?
– What are the latest regulations with regards to gender, religion, ethnicity?
– Are there hiring quotas for employers in the region?
– What are the language requirements for candidates?
– What are the most important challenged Recruiters / HR need to overcome to succeed in Saudi Arabia / Gulf?
– What is going on with these mega infrastructure projects??
All this and more in Brainfood Live
Please note: in line with Friday day of prayer, we are moving this week’s Brainfood Live to Thursday.
We’re with Katrina Hutchinson-O’Neill, CEO (Join Talent), Ahmed Alqahtani, Human Resources Director (Seera Group), Hicham Wifaq, VP Global Talent Acquisition (Property Finder), Majed Alshehri, HR Director (SVTS) & friends
Ep193 is sponsored by our buddies Join Talent
Have you heard about Join Talent’s amazing Talent Acquisition Insights project?
They are a series of how-to guides on topics such as Using Assessments in Talent Acquisition, Market Mapping, Benchmarking, Building KPI’s and Using Data and more. It’s some of the most pragmatic recruiter centric guides I’ve seen – and all freely downloadable in the Join Talent Resources Hub.
All free to download, so get to it!