Email marketing is one of the original forms of “inbound marketing” in the digital world. It involves connecting with your customers through carefully created emails intended to engage contacts, nurture leads, and unlock new opportunities.
Email marketing is still one of the most successful marketing campaigns a business owner can run.
Around 40% of B2B marketers say email marketing is crucial to their content marketing success. Additionally, 99% of customers check their email daily, which gives you an excellent opportunity to keep your audience engaged.
Email marketing campaigns has a huge “R.O.I.” of any marketing initiative. For every $1 spent on one, companies can expect to make $36 in return.
Of course, before your company can start investing in email marketing, you first need to understand what an email marketing campaign is.
Email Marketing Campaigns: The Basics
Email marketing campaigns are coordinated set of email messages distributed to candidates and clients with a unique objective. Rather than just sending messages to potential prospects randomly from time to time, you create a content calendar which allows you to engage and pull potential new clients and candidates through your marketing funnel.
Ultimately, customers need to build a relationship with a company through multiple interactions before they’re willing to work with you.
We have discussed the buyer’s cycle before, informing us that people need multiple touchpoints before they say yes.
Through an email marketing campaign, you gradually showcase your brand’s thought leadership, credibility, and values in a natural and conversational way for your customer.
There are various kinds of email marketing campaigns companies can access to achieve different goals, such as:
- Welcome email campaigns: Welcome email campaigns introduce your customer to your company and set expectations for the kind of relationship they can expect. They may start with a basic “welcome” email, followed by messages introducing value add information about building a career or managing a talent pipeline.
- Nurturing campaigns: Nurturing email campaigns aim to build a relationship with your audience. They can include reports, content and ideas on how to build a career in your sector or recruit. They might also share reviews, recommendations, and testimonials from other clients.
What Are the Benefits of Email Marketing Campaigns?
Email marketing campaigns make consistent communication with your clients and candidates easier and more effective. More than half of the world’s population already has an email address, meaning companies can easily connect with a huge and diversified audience.
Additionally, 80% of professionals in the marketing world agree email marketing helps drive customer acquisition and retention. In other words, it draws new customers to your company and improves your chances of long-term, lucrative relationships.
With email marketing campaigns, companies can:
- Build customer relationships: With a structured email marketing campaign, you send regular messages designed to help customers trust your brand and understand your value. Emails nurture prospects into leads and long-term customers. They can even help turn V.I.P. customers into advocates for a brand or transform employees into ambassadors who help promote the company.
- Collect valuable data: With email marketing tools, companies can collect valuable data about their target audience. Whether you’re sending emails to potential candidates and clients, you can track open rate, click-through rate, and conversion scores to determine what content your audience prefers. This paves the way for more effective and personalised advertising in the future.
- Provide value to their audience: Email offers a valuable way to deliver relevant content to customers at the right time in their purchasing funnel. Companies can use emails to share announcements and news updates, information about products and services, and more. Email campaigns can even promote blog posts and drive traffic back to a website.
- Drive sales and conversions: Engaging and meaningful email campaigns help contacts see the value in whatever you offer. This can boost your chances of conversions. The more you connect with your audience, the more they trust your brand. This means they’re more likely to engage and act.
- Keep customers engaged: Email marketing campaigns help to keep customers informed about a company and keep brands top-of-mind. 61% of customers say they enjoy weekly emails, and 38% say they’d like to receive emails more often. With an email campaign, companies can ensure their contacts don’t forget about them.
Email Marketing Campaign Best Practices
Used correctly, email marketing campaigns can generate phenomenal results for business leaders. However, it’s important to have the right strategy to cultivate success. While the exact strategy you use may vary, here are some suggestions to get you on the right track.
Personalise email content
Customers and contacts prefer to receive communications specific to their interests and needs. Segmenting your audience into different groups based on their preferences can lead to a 50% higher chance of clients clicking on links within your email messages.
Use email marketing software
One of the most important steps in running a successful email campaign is getting the cadence right. Email marketing software makes automating “drip” campaigns easier to ensure messages reach audience members at the right time. Companies can even track their open rates and make changes to their strategy based on consumer preferences.
Experiment with email types
Emails can include various types of content designed to drive specific results. Experimenting with your email style can be a good way to boost results. Attaching a video in an email, for instance, can lead to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates. Just make sure any content you include shows up well on mobile devices.
Use landing pages and forms
You can encourage more customers to sign up for your campaigns with landing pages and forms. You could even offer a free report to clients in exchange for their email addresses and follow up with a series of relevant emails. Landing pages and forms will also help you to segment your audience by giving you an insight into what kind of content they’re interested in.
With your email marketing campaign tools, you’ll be able to dive into a range of valuable metrics and insights to optimise future strategies. You can learn which emails get the most click-throughs, which lead to the most unsubscribes, and even which subject lines work best. Using your analytics will boost your email marketing R.O.I.
Getting Started with Email Marketing Campaigns
Email marketing campaigns are a phenomenal way to build relationships with contacts, drive sales, and unlock new opportunities. Companies can even use email marketing campaigns to improve customer lifetime value and turn individuals into advocates.
Though email marketing campaigns might not be the latest tool in the marketing landscape, they remain one of the most valuable ways to engage and nurture your audience.
P.S. As part of your Superfast Circle membership, you will receive several email campaigns you can use to generate candidate and client leads, all guaranteed to work. Want to find out more?
Then book a demonstration call with us here.