The climate emergency is the greatest challenge humans have ever faced, and it affects all of us. In August of last year, as part of The Inflation Reduction Act, the US federal government pledged $365 Billion to fight climate change. Since then, over 100,000 climate jobs have already been created in the US economy. Despite the seriousness of the situation and the obvious relevance to our sector, climate jobs and the climate emergency don’t seem to be things we are discussing. This needs to change.
My guest this week is Natalie Lavery, Marketing Lead at Climate People, a Climate Tech recruiting firm. Climate People are fighting to make every job a climate job. It was brilliant to get Natalie’s insight into a critically important market that is full of opportunity.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The reimagining of the global economy
• What is Climate Tech, and what are Climate Jobs
• Is Climate Tech the future of all jobs
• Barriers to jobseekers taking climate jobs and how to break them down
• Awareness, mindset and incentives
• The importance of diverse talent and diverse voices
• What can we all do to make our jobs climate jobs?
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.
A full transcript will appear here shortly.
The post Ep 503: Climate Jobs appeared first on The Recruiting Future Podcast.