The rise of remote working and the widespread adoption of technology has made it much easier for all sizes of employers to tap into global pools of talent. The urban population of the African continent is projected to reach 1.1 billion people by 2040, making it the largest global workforce. With an ever more diverse base of skills across 54 countries, it’s not surprising that outsourcing to Africa is on the rise.
So what can employers do to tap into this enormous talent pool? My guest this week is Valerie Bowden, founder and CEO of CRDLE. Valerie spent years travelling and working in Africa and now helps US and European businesses connect to talent in the world’s second-largest continent.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Tapping into global talent pools
• Why Africa?
• Language and timezones
• Types of skills
• The social impact of outsourcing
• Are you already using African talent?
• Advice for effective outsourcing
• The importance of onboarding and training
• The future of remote teams
A full transcript will appear shortly.