Yo yo yo SEO.
We’re all getting carried away with social media and share numbers when in actual fact we should be looking at backlinks to our content as the ultimate decider of success. I’ve spoken to Steve Rayson of Buzzsumo, second time for him on this podcast, about backlinks which they have just added to their tool.
Steve’s research identified five content types that have the potential to achieve both high numbers of shares and high numbers of domain links. These are:
1. Authoritative content that answers popular questions, such as ‘what is ..?’
2. Strong opinion posts and political posts
3. Content that provides original research and insights
4. Content that leverages a trending topic but that also provides practical insights
5. Authoritative news content on new products or developments