“I’ve always been a person unafraid of failure and – usually – when I’ve taken risks, that’s been a career high point for me.”
From his home office in Switzerland, Brad spoke to our Founder, Paul Toms, about his move from years of quarter-end accounting to auditing oil and gas businesses.
His previous roles as a Chartered Accountant opened doors to different things for Brad, but the “sheer diversity of activities” in the oil and gas sector was what interested him most. He speaks of the need to attract top talent into the industry for the next 40-50 years or more, as the world will continue to rely on types of fossil fuel.
But the future of the oil and gas industry is something that Brad is conscious of. In fact, he tells Paul how Lancaster Consulting has begun offering sustainability audits to its clients and that it’s not too late to join the sector in a positive way.
Brad has strong values and beliefs that he brings to his role in business auditing. He believes that creating a constructive environment is key, which can also lead to client recommendations – what he describes as the “holy grail”.
He’s inspired by two particular famous leaders who – despite being at the opposite ends of the political spectrum – were “always guided by their ideology and principals”. If he hosted his own podcast, the same two individuals would be his dream guests – listen to the episode to find out who they are.
Use the following timestamps to listen to Brad’s episode:
- 01:25 – How lockdown has affected Brad, plus remote work and planning
- 03:10 – Adaptation during recession
- 04:30 – Oil and gas auditing/career change
- 08:20 – What attracted Brad to the oil and gas industry
- 11:00 – How Lancaster Consulting has the competitive advantage
- 14:10 – Job satisfaction/client relationships/retaining clients
- 15:25 – Sustainability audits
- 17:30 – Mandate/different approach/venture partners
- 19:35 – Values and core beliefs/open and inclusive planning process
- 21:50 – How BI & Data will affect audit function
- 25:00 – Confidentiality restrictions getting greater/access to data
- 26:00 – Brad’s influences and inspirations
- 28:00 – What drove Brad to go solo
- 29:30 – What is Brad’s ideal project?
- 32:20 – Brad’s ideal podcast guests
- 33:15 – How to connect with Brad
If you want to reach out to Brad, you can connect with him through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradleydaniel/
Or via the Lancaster Consulting website: https://www.lancasterconsulting.com/
To find out more about EMEA Recruitment, visit: https://emearecruitment.eu
Follow us on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/emea-recruitment-limited/
Or connect with Paul at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultoms/
Thank you for listening to the EMEA Recruitment podcast. Please like and share this episode if you think that your network will benefit from this advice.
If you have any questions or topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes, please let us know.
#emearecruitmentpodcast #emearecruitment #podcast #braddaniel #switzerland #lancasterconsulting