Tech Layoffs & the Tech Job Market: From the Developers POV
There’s probably no bigger story in the world of recruitment that the Big Tech Winter – led by VC backed scale ups who started make big staffing cuts, followed by the FAANG who have all made unprecedented cuts to staffing. What does this mean for the tech labour market? What indeed, do the engineers themselves think of the situation?
We are going to learn directly from the software engineering community and platform them to tell us what they think the market looks like. As tech recruiters you will learn
– Developer mindset to new opportunity
– Most important reasons to move
– Value of Flexible working
– Value of equity / stock options
– What has the compensation rate been?
– What industries are most attractive for software engineers
– What industries are engineers avoiding?
– What technologies / tools / frameworks does it matter?
– What about GAI – how does this impact job discovery as a software engineer?
– Where the places developers go to look for jobs?
We’re with Ollie Glass, Data Engineer, Tancredi Trugenberger, Senior Front End Engineer, Alla Pavlova, Recruiter (Riot Games), Iwan Gulenko, Founder (CoderFit), Fabrizio Moscon, CTO (Ninety Nine) on Friday 31st March, 2pm BST
Ep199 is sponsored by our buddies CodeSignal
CodeSignal is how companies can identify the right candidates with the right skills – even if they don’t have the “right” profile. We provide everything from initial assessments to technical
screens and onsite interviews.
For too long companies have spent too much time sifting through all the noise produced by traditional resumes, inconsistent interviews, and homegrown assessments when all they really want to know is how well this person can do the job.
Want to learn more about going beyond the noise in technical hiring? Learn how to go beyond the noise.