To get our content delivered to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter here. It’s free!
Attracting talented candidates to your recruitment marketing ecosystem through events, content and outreach takes significant effort. But what happens after initial interest is expressed? Without proper nurturing, previously engaged candidates often fall out of touch when roles open up months later.
To avoid scrambling to fill open requisitions, maintaining consistent communication with talent community members is critical.
“Keeping your talent pipelines warm and ready isn’t just a nice-to-have; In a competitive hiring, it’s the secret to long-term success. Former candidates can forget about you just as quickly as they applied,” says Rosey Pullmann, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at iCIMS.
- Share Relevant Content: Send periodic communications like job alerts, industry insights, career tips and training opportunities.
- Personalize Messaging: Tailor outreach based on interests candidates indicated initially. Hyper-personalization creates deeper connections.
- Facilitate Interactions: Host live Q&A sessions, networking events and online forums for community members.
- Solicit Feedback: Seek input to improve offerings and communication strategies. Implementing suggestions makes members feel valued.
- Show Appreciation: Recognize talent community members for major milestones to foster goodwill.
“Nurturing your existing talent pipeline and keeping your organization top-of-mind for them is not just cost-effective and gets the right person in seat faster,” Rosey continues. “It allows you to strategically curate a loyal team that’s ready to bring their A-game when the right role opens up and take your team to the next level. Regular, authentic communication through text, email and video content is what candidates appreciate and will need to stay engaged and excited about the prospect of joining your team.”
By actively nurturing your talent community, you ensure readily available, enthusiastic candidates for future openings. When a great match between seeker and opportunity finally occurs, your hard work building relationships pays off through faster placements.
For more strategies on sustaining talent community engagement, see the latest play from iCIMS on how to Nurture Your Talent Community Members here.
By adopting this strategic blueprint for nurturing talent community members, you can not only streamline your talent acquisition process but also build a strong, engaged pool ready to contribute to your team’s success.